thesilentwhispers

The Silent Whispers

I am trying, yet once again to get back on the blogging wagon. Now that I don't have mandatory readings, I hope to try and share my opinions on books.

The Son of a Certain Woman
Dracula
Bram Stoker
Progress: 21/387 pages

#FridayReads August 30th

What Do Women Want?: Adventures in the Science of Female Desire - Daniel Bergner Americanah - Chimamanda Ngozi Adichie Anne of Green Gables  - L.M. Montgomery

Hey invisible readers,

So this is second time that I am writing this post because yeah, I forgot to save under drafts (ah, the frustrations of being a blogger).

Ok, on that note, welcome to Friday Reads, where I give a weekly wrap-up of books I've read and the reviews I'll make.

In case, you have not seen it I have finally written a book-to-movie review about The Silver Linings Playbook which you can read right here

Otherwise, this week I have finished What do Women Want  by Bergner and I have started both Americanah by Chimamanda Adichie and Anne of Green Gables by Lucy Montgomery. I've already read the latter in Grade 7 because I used to watch the anime version as a child. Does anyone remember this? However, when I read the book, I didn't understand a thing; despite English being my first language. This time I have been really enjoying the book, especially now that I know what and where Prince Edward Island is (if anyone else didn't connect Anne of Green Gables with Canada, please leave a comment and let's commiserate). I would love to write a review of Anne for this blog but I would have no clue how to do it considering it is a children's book.

Moving on, I will keep reading Anne during this upcoming week. I am starting a new contract position which should let me some time to breathe and make job hunting less stressful. I hope you have an enjoyable weekend.

xox, S.