thesilentwhispers

The Silent Whispers

I am trying, yet once again to get back on the blogging wagon. Now that I don't have mandatory readings, I hope to try and share my opinions on books.

The Son of a Certain Woman
Dracula
Bram Stoker
Progress: 21/387 pages

Friday Reads

Work the Pond!: Use the Power of Positive Networking to Leap Forward in Work and Life - Darcy Rezac;Judy Thomson;Gayle Hallgren-Rezac Bait and Switch: The (Futile) Pursuit of the American Dream - Barbara Ehrenreich The Silver Linings Playbook - Matthew Quick Paleofantasy: What Evolution Really Tells Us about Sex, Diet, and How We Live - Marlene Zuk Dracula - Bram Stoker

Hello my invisible readers (does anyone actually read this?)

Some of my favourite booktubers make a weekly video called Friday Reads, where they talk about the books they plan to read for the next week. I decided that this would be a great feature on the blog.

I sadly haven't finished any book this week but I am currently reading a book on Networking (Work the Pond by Darcy Rezac) which I may review as a resource for recent graduates. I also started Bait and Switch by Barbara Ehrenreich. I really enjoyed Nickel and Dimed and therefore, I hope to enjoy this one.

In other news,  my library has stocked up on The Silver Linings Playbook by Matthew Quick which is considered a fast read. Funny thing, is that the Vancouver Public Library classifies all new books as fast reads, even if, they aren't fast to read. Hence, I have to literally dedicate entire chunks of my time to reading the book as quickly as possible. My experience with Paleofantasy was scaring enough for me to think twice before repeating the same mistake experience.

If you are impatient to get a review on The Silver Linings Playbook, I recommend you watch Priscilla's "The Readables" Youtube vlog on the subject.

Finally, I have to actually keep reading Dracula by Bram Stoker. I have only barely started reading it. I must admit that I have been stressed with other post-graduate business and as a result, did not dedicate it the love, attention and nurture that it required.

Hope you enjoyed my quick Friday Reads post.

Of course, this weekend is pretty momentous in terms of holidays. Therefore,  Happy Burundian Independence Day

Canadian Flag

and Happy Canada Day.

That's it from me. xox, S.